Nice to meet you. Generally speaking I think that a VM with a sufficient
CPU and 4GB of RAM is not going to be cheaper, especially not in
Switzerland. Also, VMs dont usually come with an IX port, so that's
another thing I would miss out. Last but not least, I prefer to run
stuff on owned/real hardware.

An APU2 seems perfect for my needs without breaking my budget. Got two
offers so far which are promising, so just waiting a bit longer to
collect some potential further offers.

Thank you anyways for your suggestions!