Friday night we observed several Brocade MLXe linecards rebooting (several
locations, i.e. Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Geneva), which caused network instability
due to flapping iBGP etc.

As of now we know that iWay and nine.ch suffered from similar issues in the
same time window, and we believe that they use also Brocade MLXe.

Tonight around 4 a.m. symptoms occurred again, on a lesser degree. nine.ch
reports it too.

For reference the tickets:
http://www.init7.net/de/status/?ticket=10348
https://status.nine.ch/en/messages/544
https://www.iway.ch/iway/status/

Did anyone else observed similar symptoms?

Since these routers operate in various locations and ASNs but are the same
make/model I suppose it's a software security issue. Can malicious packets
force a linecard reboot?

Regards,

--
Fredy Kuenzler