On 01.10.2016 17:35, Gert Doering wrote:
> I think this is an awesome idea.
>
> The situation is similar here in DE - nobody could stand an 1 Tbit
> DDoS attack, and a large number of content offerings are targeted
> only to german speaking customers, so if DE/A/CH work, 99% of the
> customers are still able to reach the site.

Maybe we should widen the approach and define a collaborative BGP
community "do announce only in country X", when X is some ISO-3166
country number? A prefix then can contain multiple communities, i.E. to
cover the whole DACH region.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO-3166-1-Kodierliste

> I'm not really sure how this would work in your example - what if
> you have two customers in a given BGP announcement, one of them
> *does* want to be reached world-wide (like, corporate VPNs) and the
> other one is attacked?  Split the aggregate, or bit the bullet and
> have all of them with limited reach, for the time being?

I suppose the e-commerces using such a mechanism would be able to afford
their own /24 and a decent block of IPv6 space (in other words: buy
legacy PI or become LIR). Another option is new business for managed
hosting "DDOS bullet proof Switzerland Hosting", where the hoster
dedicates a /24 or bigger for permanent limited propagation.

--
Fredy Kuenzler

---------------------
Fiber7. No Limits.