--- Daniel Lorch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are we talking about VoIP in general or Econostreamer?

well, both. I try to tell that nothing is free. If you want to
dial and speak, and recognize what the other side speaks, it costs something
to the provider, and hence to you. And that VoIP is not free either.

> The only thing which is ludicrous is that they charge you (not much,
> just 1 cent/min) for connections between Econostreamer<->Econostreamer
> which is basically a direct internet connection between two devices not
> passing through any of the Econophone network.

When you dial from your SIP device the number of the other SIP device,
it accesses the Econophone call routing infrastructure to get the remote
IP address. Check out the prices for softswitches, they aren't much lower
than prices of traditional SS7 switches. Somebody (Econophone in this case)
has bought it and wants to return the investment. I only wonder how they're
gonna do it with such low pricing.

Stan