On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Richard Jones <rich...@cottagelabs.com> wrote:

> Phil - it sounds like you've got a handle on things with regard to the
> reference implementation.  The JavaServer2.0 was written in parallel
> to the DSpace implementation (as Stuart says), to provide the generic
> parsing and serialising of sword protocol operations.  Hopefully I've
> successfully separated the concerns of the standard from the concerns
> of DSpace, but I'd be interested in your feedback.

It's somewhat slow going, but I'm not blocked on anything. I'm very
glad SWORD v2 servers have already been implemented in Java!

I had mentioned https://github.com/dvn/swordv2-java-minimal previously
which is a fork of your https://github.com/swordapp/JavaServer2.0 but
I wanted to move the code into its own project so I could use the
org.swordapp:sword2-server jar as a library as it's intended. Toward
this end I made a new Java project under edu.harvard.iq namespace and
added the code into https://github.com/dvn/swordpoc and updated the
readme to explain how to build and deploy it into the provided Vagrant
environment.

One issue I'm having is finding a published version of that
org.swordapp:sword2-server jar. Do you plan to publish it on Maven
Central? For now, I'm building it myself but I opened
https://github.com/dvn/swordpoc/issues/1 to remind myself to follow up
on this.

I'm sure I'll have more feedback as time goes on. At a high level,
we're hoping to use SWORD v2 as the protocol that allows Open Journal
Systems to deposit data into a Dataverse, as described at
http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/ojs-dvn/book/faq-ojs-dataverse-integration-project

Phil

--
Philip Durbin