---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ian Stuart <ian.stu...@ed.ac.uk>
Date: 19 January 2011 23:05
Subject: Re: content negotiating for package formats
To: techadvisorypa...@swordapp.org

On 19/01/11 09:49, Scott Wilson wrote:

> I would suggest SWORD is completely agnostic on the subject of
> packaged content formats, but that the SWORD implementation community
> make a concerted effort to identify and support a common core of
> packaging and metadata formats so that there is practical
> on-the-ground interoperability with a reliable default format for
> client implementations to support out-of-the-box.

Bearing in mind that I have my tongue embedded firmly in my cheek here...

I have an excellent content package that will either work with binary
data directly included or passed-by-reference, and I am working on
Importers for DSpace & EPrints as we speak... as outputs of the OA-RJ
Broker work.

On a serious note: yes - the transport mechanism should be agnostic to
the content... unless one wants to define a content transfer mechanism
rather than a transport mechanism :)

--

Ian Stuart.
Developer: Open Access Repository Junction and OpenDepot.org

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.