Hi,

the last days I've tried to build a NPAPI browser plugin to port BibleZ HD to Chrome/Safari. The plugin is build with the firebreath SDK (http://firebreath.org) so it shouldn't be that difficult to build the plugin for Windows or Mac. Currently there is only a 32bit linux build of the plugin.

To test BibleZ Web Edition (you need a 32bit Linux or build the plugin for your plattform), install the plugin "npSwordPlugin.so" (https://github.com/zefanja/biblez-plugin) in ~/.mozilla/plugins and open http://zefanjas.de/biblezweb in Chrome/Chromium (to start chrome in app mode: chromium/chrome --app=http://zefanjas.de/biblezweb)

Currently there is no support for InstallMgr (I will port this later), but you can use all your installed modules (bibles and commentaries) if SWORD_PATH is set.

To open the AppMenu press CTRL + ` or STRG + ^.

BibleZ Web Edition is in a very early stage so some things will not work.

You can run BibleZ Web Edtion offline. Download the sources and open index.html, but you need to run Chrome/Chromium with the "--disable-web-security" flag (because XHRRequest are only allowed for http and not local file access).

Best Regards,
Stephan

Sources:
https://github.com/zefanja/biblez-plugin (NPAPI plugin)