On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 4:27 PM Matěj Cepl <mc...@cepl.eu> wrote:

> On Sat Jan 20, 2024 at 7:18 PM CET, Aaron Rainbolt wrote:
> > It appears that the Ezra Bible App can only be installed using
> > upstream packages for a select group of popular Linux distributions
> > currently. It would be handy for users to be able to install it by
> > using widely available repositories such as the Snap Store and
> > Flathub. I'm fairly skilled at software packaging for distros (though
> > I haven't done Snap or Flatpak before - I'm interested in learning how
> > though) and am thinking about trying to make Snap and Flatpak packages
> > for Ezra Bible App.
>
> Given that Snap really works only on Ubuntu (AFAIK, certainly it
> does work neither with Fedora nor with openSUSE), then I would
> hugely prefer Flatpak.

No clue about openSUSE, but I know Snap works on Debian and I thought
for sure it worked on Fedora (though of course you'd have to install
snapd first, whereas it's preinstalled on Ubuntu). But still, I do
intend on doing both Snap and Flatpak - each has a user base that the
other one doesn't. I'll go ahead and do the Flatpak first since I now
know someone wants a Flatpak for it :)

Thanks for letting me know, and God bless.