From: Troy A. Griffitts
Sent: Montag, 22. Januar 2024 05:57
To: Tobias Klein
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] HTTPS Transport

Hi Tobias,
Having a quick look at your build output, I don't use cmake so I'm not sure how
this all works, but I am suspicious with this:

D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32>cmake -B build\sword -G "Visual Studio
"16 2019"" -A Win32       -DCMAKE_WINDOWS_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS=TRUE
-DZLIB_LIBRARY=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\dist\lib\zlib.lib
-DZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\zlib
-DBZIP2_LIBRARY=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\dist\lib\libbz2.lib
   -DBZIP2_INCLUDE_DIR=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\bzip2
-DXZ_LIBRARY=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\dist\lib\liblzma.lib
 -DXZ_INCLUDE_DIR=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\xz\src\liblzma\api

-DCURL_LIBRARY=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\dist\lib\libcurl_imp.lib
       -DCURL_INCLUDE_DIR=D:\a\sword-build-win32\sword-build-win32\curl\include
      -DCMAKE_DISABLE_FIND_PACKAGE_ICU=TRUE       -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
   sword

I don't see the -DCURLAVAILABLE define which tells SWORD to use libCURL.
Again, it should default to the old behavior if it can't use libcurl to include
the http transport to do the new check, but I am wondering if you have been
building SWORD without CURL support (this would mean that it would fall back to
libftp and should have still worked for you).
@Greg Hellings, any ideas about the cmake system?  Does it ever define
CURLAVAILABLE when it finds libcurl?  (most interestingly on Windows)
Troy