On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Fabien Potencier <
fabien.potenc...@symfony-project.com> wrote:

> On 10/4/10 2:52 PM, Thomas Rabaix wrote:
>
>> I have one question : how can I change a css or javascript declaration
>> if the value is hard coded inside the template file ?
>>

> I'm not sure I understand the question. Within a template/layout, you know
> which CSS and JS you need, so yes it is "hardcoded", but there is no need to
> change it, right? And if you want it to be "dynamic", you can have a
> variable.

There is many reason why the value need to be changed :

   - apply another themes
   - use another javascript library version
   - centralize plugin version. If 2 bundles uses 2 different jQuery
   version, you will have 2 jQuery files inside your page. So the only solution
   will be to overwrite the template ?

And the same goes for the layout declaration, if the name is hardcoded
inside the template, it will be a nightmare to find a convenient convention
for changing the value. Settings the name as a variable looks odd too :
which component will initialize the value ? each bundle developer will have
her/his own convention.

Hardcoded values can work for custom code, but not for shared
bundles across different applications.

security at symfony-project.com

Groups "symfony developers" group.