Hi

in my view .....

if you place your filter below the security filter ---
In security filter, symfony will check whether the user is logged in or not
and if the user is not logged in, it will be redirected to home page as
specified by yourself

then again the whole cycle repeats
but now the request url is home page.

first goes to security filter

then it goes to your filter, and then user is automatically logged in
and user is on the home page

but if you place your filter above the security filter ---
first it will automatically logged in by your filter
then it goes to security filter, the user is already logged in so no
redirections will be there.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Mohammad Asif Ali
<asifali.m...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Any suggestions on my filter execution flow?
>

> On Jan 23, 4:53 pm, Asif Ali M <l...@reloadtheweb.com> wrote:
> > Hello Symfonians,
> >
> > I am working on symfony 1.0 application. Its a kind of Software as
> > Service model.
> >
> > When a user registers he will get his own site (frontend/backend). The
> > users can signup for a 30 days trails. And we have a help document
> > which is having backend page links.
> >
> > In the Backend application we are using a filter to auto detect the
> > site.If its in trail mode the filter will do auto login and redirected
> > to the accessed page.
> >
> > But this is working when we put our filter in the following way
> > ( Above security filter ). If I put the below security its
> > automatically logged in but landed on admin homepage instead of the
> > accessed page
> >
> > I would like to know putting a filter above the Security will be a
> > problem for the application.
> >
> > Please share your views
> >
> > rendering: ~
> > web_debug: ~
> >
> > trail_site_login:
> >   class: trailSiteLoginFilter
> >
> > security:  ~
> >
> > # generally, you will want to insert your own filters here
> >
> > # instead of putting here I put the filer above the security
> >
> > cache:     ~
> > common:    ~
> > flash:     ~
> > execution: ~