Hi.

You have to write your own form widget (let's call them
sfWidgetFormInputButtonized) and then in yourForm::configure() call
$this->widgetSchema['external_id'] = new sfWidgetFormInputButtonized();

I'd also recommend to inherit your widget from sfWidgetFormInput. It will
save a bit of your time.

2010/2/10 NOOVEO - Christophe Brun <c.b...@nooveo.fr>

> I'm still working on a backend form of my app. The form has several input
> fields, one of them allows the user to type an identifier pointing
> to an object stored on an external database. Let's call this field
> ExternalId (string 25). Now, I have to add a button after the input field to
> allow the user to
> click it and to check whether the identifier is valid or not (plus some
> other stuff...).
>
> I checked the _form_field.php partial for this Form but I don't see how I
> can customize my field. I also checked the sfWidget but I still don't ctach
> the point. If somebody could point me to the right direction, I may save a
> lot of time.
>
> NB : the form I'm customizing is also used as embedded form. The button
> shall be added on both flavours of the form.

With the best regards, Andrei.