My Symfony project is a CMS for a public site.

I have two apps : a backend and a frontend.
With the backend I manage pages, articles, news, pages templates, ...
The frontend is used to navigate on the public site.

In the backend, I implemented a preview system.
To do that, I moved the modules used to show a page, from the frontend
into a plugin (let's call it frontendPlugin).
I copied the layouts of the frontend into the backend layout folder.
I copied the routes of the frontend used to show a page into the
backend route file.
and I enabled frontendPlugin modules in the backend application.

Thanks to that, when a user manages the website contents using the
backend application he can click on a preview button.
This preview feature (in backend app) can now use code of the frontend
layer (since it is no longer an application but a plugin).

Do you think it is the "Good practice" ?

I'm thinking about an another way to make a preview without any file
duplication and keeping the frontend layer as an application.
I could create a configuration file with the address of the frontend
application :
all:
  frontend_url: http://mysite

This way the frontend application is thought as a tool used in the
backend for preview purposes.

What do you think about this idea to resolve the situation (compared
to the plugin + little duplication one) ?

Thank you,

Julien