hi , i has the same problem but try this.

create your schema with a tool may be mysql-query-browser and after
run symfony doctrin:build-schema, build-model , build-filters ,
build-forms
when your need add a filed, add fileld with mysql-query-browser and
after rebuild your schema.

regards , sorry for my inglish