Is this +1 malarky any way to determine the viability of something?

Surely, it would be better to put forward a reason WHY this would be good, and
HOW it would benefit Symfony, yourself and your customers?

Just a thought... you can +1 all you like, but without sufficient reasoning
behind it, I wouldn't expect those +1's to get you anywhere...

There is already a Symfony partnership program, so I'd expect a certification
program would go hand-in-hand with this - perhaps requiring X amount of Symfony
certified staff before certain levels of partnership can be achieved? or the
same would provide X amount of points towards the point based system? (so you
could have say 5 Symfony certified staff, and obtain Platinum status, instead
of NO certified staff, but a turnover of $1M+) - which would enable highly
competent, but newly created digital agencies to appear alongside those with
deep pockets, and reputation, but no actual technical ability (most likely,
outsourcing)

Just a thought...

+1 (for my suggestion, that is)