Forms have dependencies on their widget, validator, help and error
message information.  I found that specifying these dependencies in
code was a lot more difficult to maintain - specifically for the
message information.

To solve this I created a helper class that injects the message
information into each form.  This has worked out well.

However, I've also now run into some cases where the messages may need
some code to run (eg: I need to put a link in the message, for which I
need a routing lookup).

Right now, my codebase has these kinds of messages directly in the
form code.  However, I ran into an issue with this - my backend app
was no longer compatible since the routing for the app was different.
To work around this, I just used the base form in my admin app rather
than the subclass.

Since form dependency information seems to be tied to the application,
would it not make sense to have a generalized dependency injection
mechanism to address this issue in the framework?  Has anyone else
come across this?

Cheers,
Steve

security at symfony-project.com