First of all ensure that you aren't benchmarking memory usage in the
dev environment as it adds a ton of extra debug/log/etc information
into memory.

Secondly, look at your use of hydration elements in the ORM. I have
never used Doctrine, but we have switched a number of our queries that
return large datasets from a doSelect call (which creates an array of
objects related to each returned result) to a doSelectRS/doSelectStmt
(depending on propel version) which is just a single object of
resultsets.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:37 AM, Bruno Reis <bruno.p.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all... how much memory a normal sf + doctrine thread uses?
>
> We are having serious problems here with an application. I seems like it´s
> leaking memory, we updated php to 5.3 but had no success at all. Apache
> threads start with 16 MB and soon get to 50MB.
>
> Does anyone know what might be happening?

Gareth McCumskey
http://garethmccumskey.blogspot.com
twitter: @garethmcc

security at symfony-project.com