From: Dong YANG <jojoyangd...@gmail.com>
Date: 2010/3/11
Subject: Event dispatcher can't find the class in lib/vendor
To: symfony-users@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

        I would like use Event dispatcher to call one third party method in
*lib/vendor/*, but it doesn't work. the dispatcher can't find this class.
But when I use one class in *lib/*, it works, I don't know why the first
test doesn't work.

        Here is my code:

        class SomeClass {
protected $dispatcher = null;

public function __construct(sfEventDispatcher $dispatcher)
{
  $this->dispatcher = sfContext::getInstance()->getEventDispatcher();
}

public function someMethod(){
   // some code
   $event = new sfEvent($this, 'api.update_message', array('message' =>
$message));
   $this->dispatcher->notifyUntil($event);
   if (!$event->isProcessed())
    {
      throw new sfException(sprintf('Call to undefined method %s::%s.',
get_class($this), 'api.insert_chatbotmessage'));
    }

    return;
}
        }

       in *lib/vendor/* :

        class Target {
           static public function listenToInsertMessage(sfEvent $event) {
   $message = $event['message'];
   // some code

   return true;
  }
        }

       When I call another listener in *lib/* , everything goes fine, so I
wonder if symfony not include classes from *lib/vendor* by default?

       Any suggestion is welcome.

       Thanks a lot.

JoJo

security at symfony-project.com