You are adding a virtual field to the list view - there is no form
there.
Your partial will have access to an object with the name of the model
the admin generator is for. (I.e. if you generated a module for your Car
model, your partial will have a $car object to work with.)

Sorry if I am expressing myself poorly... In a bit of a hurry.

A.