Maybe you can look for decorator(formatter), with that you can still
use <?php echo $form['sexo']?>

it's decorator or formatter, I'm not sure for now ;)

There is some official tutorial on Symfony pages, but I can't find it
now

Try this adresses or google
http://bluehorn.co.nz/2009/08/31/symfony-12-sfform-formatter-to-add-stars-on-required-fields/
http://erisds.co.uk/symfony/snippet-symfony-forms-setting-the-form-formatter