Hi there,

I'm working on an ecommerce site that will eventually have an
affiliates programme that will work like so:

  * There will be several affiliates.

  * Each affiliate will be able to 'skin' the site by adding their own
css stylsheet.

  * For each purchase on the website the affiliate will be recorded to
allow us to pay a commission to the affiliate

  * The affiliates will direct traffic to the site be giving out his
subdomain: exampleaffiliate.maindomain.com

I started by following the advanced routing  chapter in the more with
symfony book. I have created a route class and I am setting a request
parameter in a custom filter. But  before I go any further I'm
wondering if it wouldn't be better to store this information in the
User classes and just bypass the routing all together. Does anyone
have any suggestions?

TIA,

Tom

security at symfony-project.com