Hi,
Having been always interested in solving complex problems related to
integration, derivatives etc, I found the GSOC subproject "continuation of
risch algorithm"  as something which I would like to work on.

I have the following doubts regarding the same:
1) I am presently using Bronstein's book to understand the topic. Can you
please suggest other references for the same?

2) While browsing through the 2010 proposal for the same, I only got a
vague idea about the parts implemented then. Can someone please clarify
what was done then and what is expected out of the current project?

3) Also, I noted that integrations of the form
>>e=exp(x)
>>(-e**x-x+ln(x)*x + ln(x)*x*e**x)/(x*(e**x+x)**2)
       x                                         x
  ⎛ x⎞                                 ⎛ x⎞
x⋅⎝ℯ ⎠ ⋅log(x) + x⋅log(x) - x - ⎝ℯ ⎠
                               2
>>integrate((-e**x-x+ln(x)*x + ln(x)*x*e**x)/(x*(e**x+x)**2,x))

are taking infinitely long to solve. Why doesn’t the current implementation
of Risch algorithm leads to simplification of such integrals?

Regards
Chetna