Hi, I'm using THTTPSend to retrieve some files of ~10mb in size aprox. using
GET method. As it felt slow, I did some tests using wget and curl to call the
same urls and found THTTPSend takes almost twice the time of the other
utilities.

I use this code to get the files:

lHttp := THTTPSend.Create;
lHttp.Sock.OnHeartbeat:=@HeartBeat;
lHttp.Sock.HeartbeatRate := 5000;
if lHttp.HTTPMethod('GET', FUrl) then
begin
    lHttp.Document.Position:= 0;
    // do something with Document
end;
lHttp.Free;

How can I improve the speed of this transfer?. I've tested commenting out the
HeartBeat, but it doesn't improve.

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com