Hi Everyone,

I trust someone get shed some light on this topic.

I have an application that generates SNMP Traps as per the example below:

SNMPTrap := TSNMPSend.Create;

SNMPTrap.Query.Clear;
SNMPTrap.Query.Version := SNMP_V2C;
SNMPTrap.Query.PDUType := PDUTrapV2;
SNMPTrap.Query.Community := 'public';
SNMPTrap.Query.MIBAdd('1', 'THIS IS A TEST', ASN1_OCTSTR);
SNMPTrap.TargetHost := 192.168.0.1;
SNMPTrap.TargetPort := 162;

if not SNMPTrap.SendTrap then
                Writeln('SNMP Trap failed')
else
                Writeln('Success');

I also wrote a 'server side' application using Synapse that successfully
receives the traps and is able to get the 'THIS IS A TEST' string from the
packet using the RecvTrap function available in TSNMPSend class.

But now, when I send these traps as generated in the above example to a 3rd
party application such as "SNMP Trap Watch" (
http://www.bttsoftware.co.uk/snmptrap.html) the packet is received but this
application generates an error 'Incorrect version or decode error' for the
received packet and the value 'THIS IS A TEST' is not received or recognized
by this application.

Does anyone perhaps know if I implemented the Synapse SNMP functions
incorrectly and if this is the cause of the problem I am seeing with 3rd
Party applications? Have I implemented by Trap correctly?

My thanks in advance!