Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to write a small application that acts as a small router. The idea is to:

1) Connect to a device server using TCP/IP protocol as a client
- Collected text data from the device server (this is simple to achieve)

2) This data is then distributed in two ways
a. "Server mode": Serve / provide the data on a port which other clients can connect to, thinking it is the device server in (1) - logically I do think this is possible anyway since the client needs to connect to this application so the origin of the data is lost? b. "Client mode": Send the data received in (1) to remote TCP Servers which accepts the data, again thinking it comes from (1) above - normal port forwarding methodology

The issue I have is that I want to preserve the IP address of the device server in (1) above, so that servers and clients on (2) think the data is indeed coming from (1), and not from this routing application.

Any ideas on how the above can be achieved through synapse is appreciated. I guess this would have been easier if the device server in (1) actually sent the data and I do not have to establish a connection to the device server - this would have allowed some interesting port forwarding to be put in place, hence my attempt to 'spoof' the IP packet headers.

BTW: I have had a look at some unix port forward using standard IP tables, and all though this can help, the problem exists that the data is forwarded based on incoming data packets and I am yet to figure out how incoming packets can be forwarded to two separate host IP addresses, and also in my scenario I have a client (1) that need to connect to a port and collect data.

Many thanks and keep well!