On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 02:19 +0100, Zhu, Yongsheng wrote:
> > What we need is a D-Bus call which actively checks whether the source is
> > available. For a not-yet written configuration this could work like
> > this:
> >      * create a Session
> >      * get template
> >      * set template *temporarily*
> >      * ListSources(source_name) and/or CheckSource(source_name)
>
> > ListSources() should return a list of valid values for the
> > evolutionSource property, much like "syncevolution" without
> > parameters does.
> What is the source name?

Something like "addressbook". "ListDatabases()" is perhaps a better
name: it lists all local databases which can be reached through the
source and its associated backend.

> > Then GUI can pick one. CheckSource() should do the
> > syncSource->open() test to verify that the source really works.
> CheckSource(source_name) should be used to check the specified
> 'evolutionsource' named 'source_name'

No. In this case, "CheckSource()" really means check the source settings
currently in place (permanently or temporarily) for a source like
"addressbook".

> So we define 2 new APIs for this issue instead of doing them in
> getConfig/setConfig?

Yes.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly