On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 09:36 +0100, Zhao, Forrest wrote:
> Thank you for update. Congwu has helped me to update to the right git
> branch of syncevolution and libsynthesis yesterday. My status is: the
> code for OBEX server/SyncML client binding is done; now I'm doing unit
> testing. Will send out the patch to obexd mailing list for review soon
> (in about 1 -2 days).

Excellent. Can you post an example "dbus-monitor" dump of the initial
org.syncevolution.Server.Connect() call? I'd like to have a look at what
information is available to SyncEvolution when it is contacted by obexd.

Congwu mentioned that some workarounds were necessary in SyncEvolution
because the libsyncml test tool didn't set the message type correctly.
What exactly was the workaround - patch?

With libsyncml, we can fix the sender. That might not be the case in
other situations. So should we make this workaround an official part of
the D-Bus API and obexd implementation, for example by declaring the
message type as optional so that SyncEvolution knows that it might have
to guess the type?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.