Just my 2ยข (regarding Genesis):

Am Freitag, den 28.05.2010, 16:22 +0200 schrieb Patrick Ohly:
> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:39 +0100, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:
> > On 05/27/2010 12:38 AM, Frederik Elwert wrote:
> > > Thank you very much for the reply!
> >  >

> > > Server.GetReports requires a 'server' parameter. But how do I know for
> > > which server the specific session has been requested? So if I get a
> > > Session.StatusChanged signal and want to pull the sync reports, I cannot
> > > tell against which server this session synced. I feel like I overlooked
> > > something, but did not find out how to solve this.
> >
> > Hmm, I see the problem. I have not stumbled on it as I only show reports
> > for syncs I initiate, and have the server name in store already...
> >
> > If it's enough to get the last sync report (regardless of server), you
> > can do:
> >    GetReports ("", 0, 1)
> > I now notice this is not documented (filed bug 2471): Empty server name
> > will give you reports for all servers.
>
> Not quite: "" expands to the default context "@default" and then returns
> all sessions in that context. But I see that the semantic that you
> describe would be useful, so I suggest that we extend GetReports()
> accordingly.

It seems to work, nevertheless. But it would of course be better if this
was the defined behaviour. :-)

> > The problem you mentioned is real: Being able to find out the server
> > name from session might be useful, but maybe the above will be a a good
> > solution for your specific situation?
>
> Should we add a D-Bus API call for it?

I am currently not making use of it, but I think it would fill a gap in
the API and might be useful in the future. (Especially since Genesis now
also shows sync notifications for syncs triggered by other clients, it
might be better to show the server name in the sync result
notification.)

Frederik