Am Samstag, den 13.11.2010, 12:17 +0000 schrieb Matías:
> Thansk for your answer Frederick, I´ll be very pleased to add Genesis to
> Nokuntu (or at less mention it there so the users can use it), In fact I
> install it in mi Lucid Ubuntu laptop, but still doesn´t work with bluetooth
> (or I can´t configure it properly).

Since I don’t own a bluetooth capable phone, I never tested Genesis with
bluetooth.

But rather than suggesting to use Genesis, I wanted to recommend using
sync-ui for configuration instead of implementing a new configuration
tool. Sync-ui should indeed support bluetooth configurations.

(You could still include Genesis as an additional utility.)

If you do need configuration features that sync-ui doesn’t offer (I can
currently only think of evolutionsource), I see two viable solutions:

     1. Extend sync-ui and provide patches for upstream.
     2. Create a new config tool using the SyncEvolution D-Bus API, as
        suggested by Patrick.

Maybe Genesis can give you some hints how to get started with the D-Bus
API.

In general, I’m not against a GNOME configuration tool for
SyncEvolution, since sync-ui is not really tailored towards desktop
usage. But I think it requires careful design and a lots of effort to
provide something that actually works *better* than sync-ui.

Cheers,
Frederik