Hi WG,

we talked quite a bit about different MTUs for different transport
mapping. We may run into a situation where a message is larger than is
actually supported by the transport (e.g a hypothetical SNMP trap
transport supporting only ~500 octets). As we have multi-part message in
-protocol, a relay COULD create a multi-part message at this time. This
could be an elegant solution to the minimum size problem, too. You can
directly compare it it IP fragmentation.

Question now: Is there any objection against specifying it in that way,
at least as a MAY rule for relays. I think it definitely has advantages
- it allows us to care for the unsual cases...

Rainer