Hi,

I pointed out the SNMP limitation only in consideration of SNMP/syslog
integration - for example, many SNMP managers and agents are probably
not going to be able to handle notifications with payloads in excess of
1472 bytes easily, and some won't handle payloads above 484 octets. I
don't think we should design for the worst case though. I think it is
reasonable to expect most current SNMP/UDP/Ethernet implementations to
support 1472 octets, especially since RFC3417 recommends supporting that
size for a UDP mapping.

The SNMP notification should set a limit on the size or mention that
there may be interoperability issues above 1472 octets.

dbh