> Anyhow, I see a valid point in Dado's suggestion: all of
> these 3 fields
> are highly optional and all of them have no strict definition. Maybe
> this is not a good thing for well-defined header fields.

Maybe this is not a good thing for an industry "standard" - Maybe we
should make them not-optional and/or strictly define them.

>From RFC2026:
"A Proposed Standard specification is generally stable, has resolved
   known design choices, is believed to be well-understood, has
received
   significant community review, and appears to enjoy enough community
   interest to be considered valuable."

I question whether these field definitions have resolved the known
design choices, are well-understood, and enjoy enough community
interest to be considered valuable.

I think coming to an agreement on the format and semantics, and
specifying it clearly and umambiguously in the documentation, would
enhance the value of these fields. Let's standardize the semantics of
the field, rather than just standardizing a bucket for undefined
information.

David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]