From: David B Harrington [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Alexander Clemm (alex); 'Rainer Gerhards'
Cc: syslog-sec@employees.org
Subject: RE: [Syslog-sec] Syslog protocol - UTF-8 encoding

Hi,

In reading my response, it seeems a bit too succinct.

The relevant text from STD63 is:
"UTF-8, the object of this memo, has a one-octet encoding unit.  It
   uses all bits of an octet, but has the quality of preserving the full
   US-ASCII [US-ASCII] range: US-ASCII characters are encoded in one
   octet having the normal US-ASCII value, and any octet with such a
   value can only stand for a US-ASCII character, and nothing else."

Hope this allays your concerns.

David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ASCII