Hi Everyone,

During the syslog WG meeting, we discussed implementation of the proposed syslog-protocol. It became apparent that the proposed protocol was not going to be implemented in a widespread manner any time soon. The WG agreed that widespread adoption will probably only occur if we stick with the observed syslog protocol.

Action items:
- Sam has asked Chris and the WG to better define the charter of the WG.
  This will entail getting consensus on either defining the 'standard'
  syslog protocol, or by just allowing any proposals that the WG will
  make will just be features in the payload of current syslog messages.
  A new charter needs to be established by the end of the year and will
  include realistic milestones.

Overall, the ideas already developed in the Working Group are good. The use of Structured Data is sound and should progress as the basis for signing syslog messages.

Thanks,
Chris