Good to have that clear!

I also second Rainer that we had consensus on the list on everything that is in
syslog-protocol now. The consensus was built over 2 years, 15 revisions, and is
well-documented in list archives and Rainer's web site
http://www.syslog.cc/ietf. But I won't object to revisiting certain issues if
there is such desire on the part of new list members or to making clear
statements about the charter such that people get better perspective about the
work we undertook.

I will respond to other emails soon regarding details of charter and address
specific proposed draft changes. Consulting some additional people. But in
short, I don't think any drastic measures would be needed which would nullify
the effort by a number of people over 2 years to create something really
useful. Even with proposed changes (if there is consensus on them) we are 95%
there IMO.

I do agree with Rainer that we need a process that does not result in a
perpetual cycle of consensus on list and disagreement during the meetings. This
is a pre-requisite to successfully completing this work.

Thanks,
Anton.