Hi,

[speaking as co-chair]

I also am willing to listen to discussion of alternative proposals. As
mentioned in my contributor posting, I can see a number of
alternatives to syslog/TLS that I think might be viable.

It is important that we make progress and not just discuss the
alternatives, ad infinitum, however. We need volunteers who are
willing to put in the work to write viable internet-drafts and drive
them to completion, or the discussions are largely useless.

So, I will make these requests to help focus the discussions:
1) please indicate which secure transports you consider to be
feasible,
2) please indicate which secure transports address which syslog
threats (they're listed in syslog/tls),
3) please indicate which secure transport you volunteer to write a
draft for, and
4) please indicate which secure transport you would commit to
implement in your products  (and do you have the decision-making
authority to commit what gets implemented in shipping products?).

Disclaimer: products do not need to be commercial products; they can
be freely available implementations, such as open source libraries.

Thanks,
David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]