Hi Folks,

The consensus reached is that:

 The WG SHOULD proceed with draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls as a Working
 Group document.

There were numerous votes cast for this option. Most were public and are in the archive and I recieved two additional private responses for this. I saw very few votes for not continuing with this document on the list, and I received none privately.

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to consider the IETF position on IPR, and for reviewing the Huawei terms.

I also want to thank David Harrington for his professional attitude. There are no rules in the IETF saying that he had to recuse himself from this discussion, but I know that he felt that the discussion would proceed more smoothly if he did.

And last, I want to thank Huawei for following the process on claiming IPR. I will mention one more time that the IETF, and our Working Group cannot and will not make any determination on the validity of any IPR claims.

And with that... Let's get back to work. :-) We have a short timeframe to finish syslog-transport-tls and get it to the IESG. Please get your comments in to the mailing list and let's move this forward.

Thanks,
Chris