Hi Glenn,

     How will the syslog/TLS transport address be specified in this
     object?

Response.
     A syslog TLS transport domain will be defined. E.g. something
like
     SyslogTLSTransportDomain. We will specify that as the
     syslogEntityControlTransportDomain.
     Thus, we will have something like:
          syslogEntityControlTransportDomain :
SyslogTLSTransportDomain
          syslogEntityControlService: SyslogTLSPort

Where and when will SyslogTLSTransportDomain be defined?
Would it not make sense to define it in this mib module?

I notice that RFC3419 uses the naming convention
"transportDomain<transport protocol><network protocol>"
So wouldn't it make sense to use transportDomainTLSIPv4?

RFC3419 is meant to make transportDomains more generic than RFC3417,
which is used to define snmp-specific transportDomains. I don't think
we need to design syslog-specific transportDomains, but if so, then
the naming convention from RFC3417 is <application protocol><transport
protocol>Domain, such as snmpUDPDomain. With our byte-count header for
syslog/TLS, a syslogTLSDomain might alert an application that there
will be byte-counts in the stream.

David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]