Hi,

David is correct in this. No matter how strongly we feel that defining SDEs for other applications is good work, it will not be done in this WG.

For documents that describe new SDEs, the alternatives to forming a new WG are:
- have SDEs defined in a WG that is already dealing with that application
- produce individual contribution documents and get the support of an Area Director to turn them into RFCs.

Please keep in mind that draft-ietf-syslog-protocol lists the "IETF Consensus" method for adding new SDEs. From RFC 2434:
      IETF Consensus - New values are assigned through the IETF
           consensus process. Specifically, new assignments are made via
           RFCs approved by the IESG. Typically, the IESG will seek
           input on prospective assignments from appropriate persons
           (e.g., a relevant Working Group if one exists).

Thanks,
Chris