El 30/05/14 00:17, Michael Biebl escribió:

As a responsible and serious upstream project I expect us to not
gratiously break our downstream users, especially if it can be easily
avoided.
And as already said, the maintenance cost is basically zero.

So your argument is that we should keep code that nobody should use, because a particular distribution might need to run on ancient unsupported kernels ? well, This is not a Systemd/udev problem but Debian's one and they should carry full burden for doing insane things.