11.06.2014 23:00, Lennart Poettering wrote:

CHANGES WITH 214:

         * As an experimental feature, udev now tries to lock the
           disk device node (flock(LOCK_SH|LOCK_NB)) while it
           executes events for the disk or any of its partitions.
           Applications like partitioning programs can lock the
           disk device node (flock(LOCK_EX)) and claim temporary
           device ownership that way; udev will entirely skip all event
           handling for this disk and its partitions. If the disk
           was opened for writing, the close will trigger a partition
           table rescan in udev's "watch" facility, and if needed
           synthesize "change" events for the disk and all its partitions.
           This is now unconditionally enabled, if it turns out to
           cause major problems, we might turn it on only for specific
           devices, or might need to disable it entirely. Device-mapper
           devices are excluded from this logic.

If we have one exception, I think it is safe to ask another: all block devices starting with "zram". The reason is documented at http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-June/019838.html : it breaks a (mis-?)documented way to integrate zram swap and systemd.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov