Am 27.06.2016 um 04:34 schrieb Kai Hendry:
I had a quick look at
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/tree/master/src/timesync to try work
out if /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd had some sort of fallback if
ntp UDP port 123 traffic is blocked.

This happens all too often with my deployments of Webconverger and I was
wondering if asking for HTTP based time synchronization was a sane thing
to ask for from systemd.

An example implementation can be found here:
https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneyeos/blob/master/board/common/overlay/etc/init.d/S50date#L31

are you aware that in case of many machines you should setp *one* ntpd and the other machines only acess this internal host to take away load from pool.ntp.org which would also solve the problem access port 123 outside your network from all the other deployments?