On Mon, 04.07.16 12:32, Chris Murphy (li...@colorremedies.com) wrote:

> I have a system where I get an indefinite
>
> "A start job is running for dev-vda2.device (xmin ys / no limit)"
>
> Is there a boot parameter to use to change the no limit to have a
> limit? rd.timeout does nothing. When I use rd.break=pre-mount and use
> blkid, /dev/vda2 is there and can be mounted with the same mount
> options as specified with rootflags= on the command line. So I'm not
> sure why it's hanging indefinitely. I figure with
> systemd.log_level=debug and rd.debug and maybe rd.udev.debug I should
> be able to figure out why this is failing to mount.

It should be possible to use x-systemd.device-timeout= among the mount
options in rootflags= to alter the timeout for the device.

But what precisely do you expect to happen in this case? You'd simply
choose between "waits forever" and "fails after some time"... A
missing root device is hardly something you can just ignore and
proceed...