Thank you for your quick reply.

I just tested this scenario on Ubuntu 12.04LTS (with upstart) and it
present the following message:

The disk drive for /data is not ready yet or not present.
keys:Continue to wait, or Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

So it is not as big difference as I initially thought, except it is much
easier to deal with by simply pressing S, while I believe there is no
such option for systemd (it would be nice).

So in future for non crucial disks I will use nofail.

Best regards.

Sergei.

P.S. As advised I have replied to correct address.