Am Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:19:24 -0400
schrieb Steve Dickson <ste...@redhat.com>:

> Upstream has come up with some new rpcbind service socket files
> and I'm trying to incorporate them into f25.
>
> The rpcbind.socket is failing to come up
>    rpcbind.socket: Failed to listen on sockets: No such file or
> directory Failed to listen on RPCbind Server Activation Socket.
>
> But the rpcbind.socket does exist
>     # file /var/run/rpcbind.sock
>     /var/run/rpcbind.sock: socket
>
> and everything comes up when the daemon is started by hand.

I guess the problem is with the listen directives... See below.

> old rpcbind.socket file:
>
> [Unit]
> Description=RPCbind Server Activation Socket
>
> [Socket]
> ListenStream=/var/run/rpcbind.sock

Probably not your problem but it should really point to /run directly
because /var may not be mounted at that time. Even if /var/run is
usually a symlink, /var needs to be ready to resolve the symlink. But
otoh I'm not sure if systemd even supports /var being mounted later and
not by initramfs.

> [Install]
> WantedBy=sockets.target
>

> New rpcbind.socket file:
>
> [Unit]
> Description=RPCbind Server Activation Socket
> DefaultDependencies=no
> RequiresMountsFor=/var/run /run
> Wants=rpcbind.target
> Before=rpcbind.target
>
> [Socket]
> ListenStream=/var/run/rpcbind.sock
>
> # RPC netconfig can't handle ipv6/ipv4 dual sockets
> BindIPv6Only=ipv6-only
> ListenStream=0.0.0.0:111
> ListenDatagram=0.0.0.0:111
> ListenStream=[::]:111
> ListenDatagram=[::]:111

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can combine BindIPv6Only and listen
on IPv4 sockets at the same time. What if you remove the two ipv4
style listen directives?

Maybe remove the complete block if you are going to use only unix
sockets.

> [Install]
> WantedBy=sockets.target
>

> ListenStream is the same for both files...
> How do I debugging something like this?
>
> tia,
>
> steved.

Regards,