On Wed, 23.11.16 11:01, Johannes Maibaum (jmaib...@gmail.com) wrote:

> ata2: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x1990000 action 0xe
> frozenbd204ed5c
> ata2: irq_stat 0x00400000, PHY RDY changed
> ata2: SError: { PHYRdyChg 10B8B Dispar LinkSeq TrStaTrns }

This looks like a kernel problem. systemd is not involved in powering
of harddisks really.

> However, after skimming through these logs, it seems to me that there
> are problems even on kernel 4.4.  Towards the end, both files contain
> lots of lines like:
>
> "Failed to send unit remove signal for XYZ.{target,socket,unit}:
> Transport endpoint is not connected"

You can safely ignore this. This happens if some client talks to
system and then dies before systemd can send the reply back and
processes the disconnect.

This appears to be a kernel problem, please contact the kernel
community.