On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 09:47:42AM +0100, Viktor Mihajlovski wrote:
> [...]

It seems that there's agreement that <subsystem>-<busid> is the right
approach.

Ideally we would keep the virtio-pci-<busid> links as they appear
right now, for backwards compatibility, just for the pci devices, and
mark them as deprecated (dunno where, maybe just in NEWS), and add the
code to make the links.

I haven't looked at the code, maybe we just do this with the right
udev rule, and also stick the deprecation comment there?

Zbyszek