I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out why I an unable to set the
MTU of an OVS port with a .link file.

I am trying to create this:

    +----------------+                      +----------------+
    |                |                      |                |
    |      eno1      |                      |      eno2      |
    |  (MTU = 8996)  |                      |  (MTU = 8996)  |
    |                |                      |                |
    +-------+--------+                      +-------+--------+
            +-------------------+-------------------+

                        +-------+--------+
                        |                |
                        |      bond0     |
                        |  (MTU = 8996)  |
                        |                |
                        +-------+--------+

                        +-------+--------+
                        |                |
                        |      ovs0      |
                        |  (MTU = 8996)  |
                        |                |
                        +-------+--------+

            +-------------------+-------------------+
    +-------+--------+                      +-------+--------+
    |                |                      |                |
    |     vlan248    |                      |     vlan250    |
    |  (MTU = 8996)  |                      |  (MTU = 1500)  |
    |                |                      |                |
    +----------------+                      +----------------+

Everything works, except that vlan250 is inheriting the jumbo MTU from
ovs0.  I've created a link file to set the MTU to 1500:

/etc/systemd/network/98-vlan250.link:

    [Match]
    OriginalName=vlan250

    [Link]
    MTUBytes=1500

For some reason, this isn't working.

I've set udev_log="debug" in /etc/udev/udev.conf and rebuilt my
initramfs.  I've also created a drop-in for systemd-networkd that sets
SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug.

A full boot log with these settings can be found at:

  http://www.penurio.us/journal.txt

Any ideas or debugging techniques very much appreciated.