On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 04:49:28PM +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear systemd folks,
>

> I am trying to get the GDM login screen started earlier on a Dell XPS 13
> 9370 with Debian Sid/unstable system with systemd 238. Currently, after
> selecting the Linux kernel in GRUB it’s only displayed after roughly eight
> to ten seconds while Linux takes around two seconds [1].
>
> Using systemd-bootchart I see that GDM is started quite late [1], and I
> wondering if there is an option to find out why.

  Not a direct answer to your question, but you can use systemd-bootchart
to get graphical timeline of how long did it take to start different
units.  Then you will have to find box for GDM and see which other
boxes ended at the moment GDM started.

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia