Lennart Poettering wrote:

And that's really it. It's 2021 and so far this was unproblematic.
The ANSI sequences we use aren't crazy exotic stuff but pretty much baseline and virtually any terminal from the last 25 years probably supports them.
There is no problem with the sequences! Maybe I described that in a
wrong way. I was just "complaining" that in systemd 246 the boot messages
look like
off>

The ascii sequences for the bold part have been added between 234 and 246
and I thought there was an option to remove only those sequences.
I understand that I can only turn colors and bold print off or on at
the same time. But it's ok as I've learned how to disable bold fonts
in xterm on-the-fly.

And it's really no big deal, sorry if I made it sound like a serious
problem :-)

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik    Mail: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/m/